Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Wednesday Scenic City Sports Update

Slow sports day yesterday, but things heat up with the baseball playoffs starting this afternoon. Be sure to vote (look left) on who you think will be in the World Series.

UPDATE!!!

Atlanta Braves

John Schuerholz reads my blog. Okay, maybe not, but he has decided to end the Andruw Jones drama and wish him well in his free agency. I guess his .220 season long hitting and inability to swing without immediately opening his left shoulder toward the on-deck circle behind him did not endure the Braves to pay his Boras-inspired demands. Speaking on behalf of Braves fans, oh well. I don't hate the guy, but I don't expect to miss him either.

Tennessee Vols

More off-season basketball fun - Ramar Smith stole/borrowed Wayne Chism's car and wrecked it. According to Coach Pearl, the guys borrow each other's cars all the time, but Chism didn't know it at the time. Hopefully he wasn't driving to score some pot for Duke Crews. Here is what I know about the basketball Vols right now - this crap wouldn't be happening if Dane Bradshaw was still around.

Enjoy your Wednesday. Tomorrow I will have some thoughts on the McCallie/Baylor game this Friday. See you then.

2 comments:

cappadocia said...

Preferred the blog to the sports update. The sports update is cool since I don't live in Chattanooga anymore, but I much preferred the interesting article every day or so over the sports update...

Chris Carpenter said...

I think Tara prefers the update.

My goal is to churn out 3 or 4 good articles a week along with the daily updates. I hope the updates are interesting to local people since they are topical. I still feel like I haven't found my niche with this thing quite yet, but I'm getting there.