Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday Scenic City Sports Update

No update tomorrow as I'll be on the road to beautiful Hilton Head for a wedding. When you think of Hilton Head, you think golf, but my game is so bad right now that I might not even bring my clubs. At this point, I'm almost ready to stop the fight between golf and me. The sport has been pounding me on the ropes for the last ten years and it is almost time to mercy stop it.

Of course, the last round I played included a birdie that was inches from being a hole-in-one. That is like the one punch I landed from the ropes amid the pounding I was taking the rest of the round that told my brain, "Okay, he still has some fight left in him - I'll let this continue." I almost wish I had three-putted & thrown in the towel.

UPDATE!!!

Tennessee Vols

Here is the reply to John Pennington's column last week about former player's complaints, the one Phil Fulmer called a "cheap shot." I gave my thoughts on Pennington's article earlier in the week. It seems like this article could go a little deeper, but it is nice to see some specifics and actual facts that counter the accusations and guesses that Pennington built his column upon. Of course, I will continue my policy of building this blog on accusations, guesses and unabashed plagiarism.

Next game - Saturday at Mississippi State 2:30 pm

Nashville Kats

No longer exist.

Next game - never.

Atlanta Falcons

At least Vick can run...uh oh. The Falcons are down two offensive linemen as they approach Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora with a pair of immobile, awful quarterbacks. I SMELL AN UPSET!!! Seriously, we might see a fatality in the pocket on Monday night if the Falcons throw it more than fifteen times.

Next game - Monday night vs. NY Giants

Besides the wedding, my weekend will be built around Sunday's Cowboys/Patriots game. I cannot fathom a scenario in which Wade Phillips outcoaches Bill Belichick, Tony Romo outplays Tom Brady and the Cowboys beat the Patriots, but like I wrote on Tuesday, this team seems special. We'll see on Sunday.

No comments: