Monday, November 19, 2007

Dores/Vols

I didn't see it or hear it as I was visiting friends in Houston, but I am not remotely surprised. First, Vanderbilt always gives UT fits. It is their Super Bowl and means next to nothing to the Vols. Second, this Tennessee team can beat LSU and can lose to Louisiana-Monroe (hehe - Saban...). There is no telling whether the Vols will be great or awful. I still haven't decided if we are over-achieving or under-achieving. Seriously - which one?

Here is what I know - we are one win away from Atlanta. Kentucky suddenly looks very vulnerable and really has little to play for next week other than pride. I will be surprised if Tennessee doesn't play well in Lexington and pound UK. Everybody is worried about Woodson and so am I, but I imagine Cutcliffe will get back to running the ball (weird play-calling on Saturday) and the Vols will eat up the clock and own the line of scrimmage against the Kats.

Random thought - how little do the Vols miss LaMarcus Coker? I liked Coker, but between Foster, Hardesty and Greer and now Rogan returning kicks, it is pretty much addition by subtraction. I thought we would take a big hit without him - what do I know?

No comments: